Our equpment list has been honed during many years of adventures from Russia to The Sahara and is the definitive list for most vehicle's that take part on one of our adventures. During our training weekends we look closely at any specific additions for your car.
Car Spare Parts
All these should fit into 2 x 2ft square boxes
- 2 wheel bearings and seals.
- Relays (diesel or petrol cars).
- Windscreen cleaner.
- Grease & grease gun.
- Rags or blue roll.
- Air pump tyre inflator.
- Tyre gauge.
- 1 x spare tyre.
- Puncture repair for tubeless and tubes - do not buy the disposal ones as they are not reliable.
- Tyre Levers.
- Front engine cover.
Electrical parts needed for petrol cars:
- C.B. points.
- Rotor arm.
- Wheel spanner
- Hi Lift Jack or bottle jack- make sure you have jacking points fitted if using Hi-Lift Jack.
- Stand for Jack (soft ground).
- Pliers and long nose pliers.
- Selection of screwdrivers - Philips and flat.
- Selection of Spanners specific to your car.
- Socket Set with short, long, and universal extensions.
- Copper Hammer.
- Long and short chisel.
- 5 litres engine.
- 5 litres gearbox.
- 1 litre brake fluid.
- 2 litres power steering fluid.
- 1 x 2 metre rope for towing.
- 2 x 2 metre aluminium sand ladders.
- 1 x shovel.
On of the most important and easiest ways to look after your car is to use the specific maintenance schedule below. This schedule has been put together in the light of over twenty years of off road adventure experience.
- Check engine oil level.
- Look for oil leaks.
- Hand check wheel nuts for looseness.
- Clean windscreen.
- Wheel bearings for any free play.
- Tightness of drive belts.
- Hand check suspension bolts.
Points to remember:
- 1. If wheel has been changed, hand check nuts after 2 hours driving.
- 2. Remember you know your car - if in doubt check.
- 3. Your car will need a service on your return.
- CB radio.
- Tatical Pilot Charts or Michelin maps.
Not necessary for day or weekend trips
- 2 man tent.
- Sand and normal tent pegs.
- 4 season sleeping bags (-15°C).
- Sleeping mats.
- Small camping stove and gas (depending on size of canister - approx. 3 medium).Kettle.
- 2 camping saucepans.
- 2 plates / 2 bowls / 2 mugs.
- 2 sets of knives, forks, spoons & teaspoons.
Suggested Cooking Utensils
- Tin Opener.
- Sharp knife.
- Wooden Spoon.
- Small chopping board.
- Washing up bowl etc.
Food for the duration of the Adventure.
First Aid Kit
A typical medical kit should include:
- Sun block.
- Insect repellent.
- Tissues (pre-moisturised are best).
- Moisturising cream.
- Lacto-calamine cream.
- Mentholated balm for aching muscles.
- General antibiotics.
Optional Equipment,although highly recommended
- Water Syphon.
NB. You must make a list of all items in the car for Russia. This maybe required at customs; if you do not have one to hand the delays at customs can be horrendous.