What Does it Cost ?
Our Road and Off Road Driver Training courses cost £380 if held using your own car.We have a Range Rover avaliable for hire at £300 per day if you do not have your own four wheel drive car.The Accident Rehabilitation Course costs £420
Types of Driver Tuition Avaliable
There are many disciplines involved in driving vehicles and we at Impala have Advanced Driving Instructors available for training in the following;
1. Off Road Driving.
2. Advanced Road Driving in both four wheel drive and two wheel drive cars.
3. Accident Rehabilitation.
Our Chief instructor, Neil Hopkinson has more than twenty years of experience in teaching clients the art of road and off road driving. His experience on track, road and off road driving has been honed in an immense variety of vehicles from Ferrari to Range Rover.
Neil is RosPa trained and also personally trains our staff to the highest level ensuring that all of these important skills are passed onto you the customer in the most professional manner.
Off Road Driver Training
Neil Hopkinson and his team of instructors have unsurpassed experience gained in the field. The skills that they have in off road driving are continually being put to the test in the trackless Kola Peninsular (some 200 miles above the Arctic Circle) as well as in the immense Dunes of the Sahara Dessert and have become second nature to them all.
The Impala team delight in introducing you to the skills and excitement of off road driving.
We run both one and two day courses. The one day course will introduce you to the basic skills of off road driving whilst the two day course brings in the skills of recovery and winching.
Training Course Outline
Each course is tailor made to your exact requirements. Below is an example of the basic off road training day.
1. Introduction to the theory of off road driving over coffee. This session covers both the vehicle as well as driving techniques and can be tailored to your type of off road car.
2. We then move on to a nearby off road site where you will be given a demonstration of the techniques of off road driving sitting beside an instructor, who will talk you through hill climbs, descents and failed hill climbs.
3. Now it is your turn to drive. You will spend the rest of the day driving. The instructor will guide you through the required skills and will ensure that you have grasped them well. Towards the end of the day your instructor will set out a course to test your ability.
4. During the de-brief over coffee a programme can be developed to further improve your off road skills which can include expedition preparation and advanced road driving.
Advanced Road Driving
The Official Driving Test for most of us is where the training stops. Driving is a very skilled art that should be continuously developed and too many people do not take driving seriously enough, it becomes a distasteful necessity which leads to carelessness and dangerous practices. Every driver has a responsibility to drive with tolerance and understanding to other road users and it is very important to make allowances for other drivers mistakes and skill levels.
This course has been developed for the driver who wants to learn new driving skills and extend the skills learnt from the official driving test. You will find that your driving becomes smoother and safer.
The course lasts a day and focuses on all driving environments from motorways to countryside lanes.
Outline of Advanced Road Driving
1. We meet at a Hotel where you will discuss the art of responsible road driving over coffee. This gives us a chance to assess your attitude and driving situation knowledge before moving onto the roads and you the time to get to know your instructor.
2. Normally we use your own car but it is possible to hire one of Impala’s cars to assess your road driving.
3. The day is split into one hour slots of experience. You will drive a route that encompasses all types of roads.
4. Your instructor assess your driving ability in two ways, firstly as you drive they will ask relevant questions concerning what is actually happening on the road as you drive and at the end of each hour they will give a de-briefing on your ability and suggested improvements.
5. The day ends back at the Hotel over coffee where you will be given a written report outlining your strengths and weaknesses. You will leave us a better driver and reap the benefits every time you are behind the wheel of your car.
Accident Rehabilitation Course
There can be nothing more disconcerting than wondering why you had that accident. Was it your fault? Even if it was there is still a question nagging at the back of your mind that maybe the other person involved may have contributed to its happening. You will wonder that if you had had more knowledge, you may have seen the danger in time to prevent the accident occurring at all.
We at Impala understand this and we have developed a specialist course that revolves around the ADI principle that “there are no accidents just crashes” and that crashes are caused by a lack of understanding of the skills needed to drive safely.
The aim of this course is to give you the confidence and skills required to drive a car with greater awareness of safety after your crash.
Neil has developed a course that will enable you to achieve this aim.
1. Firstly he will discuss with you how and why you crashed. This is important because you need to understand how and why in order to move forwards with confidence.
2. Neil will drive you in the same environment that occurred leading up to your crash, talking you through the observations and actions needed to prevent such an occurrence.
3. You then drive your car over a period of 2-3hrs through towns, along dual carriageways and country lane’s.
4. Neil will then give you a de-briefing looking at areas of strengths and weaknesses which you can build on over the next two months.
5. The final part of your course is a follow up drive some two months latter to ensure that your confidence and ability have continued to improve.